Data Engineer (ETL, Big Data)
London £70,000-£75,000 +Bonus (Largely Home-based)
Our client is a really exciting power within the Financial Services arena who despite the current climate are growing on an unprecedented scale. With a gorgeous office based in prime location in Central London they are looking to bring on a Permanent Data Engineer (ETL, Big Data) to join the team. The role can be largely home-based with occasional visits to the office.
As the Data Engineer (ETL, Big Data) you will be joining a team at the top of their game. You will be responsible for delivering the underlying data and APIs to support the implementation of innovative machine learning applications. You will work with rich datasets, cutting-edge technology and help shape new Data Science sets within the company.
The successful candidate will work closely with Data Scientists to implement robust and trustworthy data to support high performance algorithms and predictive models
On a daily basis the Data Engineer (ETL, Big Data) will be responsible for:
- Deploy and maintain machine learning models as APIs for use in live environments
- Employ a variety of languages and tools to develop and manage robust data pipelines connective various systems
- Develop datasets and processes that facilitate data modelling, mining and production
- Provide clean, usable data to data scientists and recommend ways to improve data reliability, efficiency and quality
- Research opportunities for data acquisition and new uses for existing data
- Work collaboratively with the Data Science, Data Architecture and other IT delivery teams to design, construct, install, test and maintain highly scalable data management systems
To be considered for this role you should come from a strong Engineering background. You should ideally have experience of most of the following:
- Strong experience in Business Intelligence, data warehousing, data management, and data delivery, database and ETL technologies
- Experience using languages/tools such as SQL and NoSQL, Python and Docker
- Strong technical experience in designing and delivering data in BI warehouse and/or Big Data Lakes, supporting on-premise and cloud architecture
- Hands on experience on Big Data technology and toolsets
- Experience developing, deploying and maintaining machine learning APIs 0 using flask and java springboot
This is a great opportunity for the right Data Engineer (ETL, Big Data) to work for a cutting-edge company in a creative and innovative environment. Combing a great work life balance along with excellent salary and superb Benefits package. There is the opportunity to work the majority of the time remotely from home with occasional visits to the office to collaborate with the team.
Interested? Apply now.